Mosaic is seeking an Assistant Director of Family Programs at Carlton.
I. Job Overview
Working closely with the Director of Family Programs, the Assistant Director of Family Programs is jointly responsible for the planning, implementation, collaboration and administration of all family program activities. This includes the day to day management of an extensive department, and supervision of staff and contract facilitators. The Assistant Director of Family Programs will work as part of Mosaic’s management team and oversee the delivery of services, fundraising and reporting.
II. Job Responsibilities
- Human Resource Development – professional development, hiring and building staff capacity, chairing lead mentor meetings
- Financial Management and Fundraising – developing and managing family programs budget, fund seeking and reporting
- Program Development – planning, scheduling, hiring, training and overseeing the delivery of a variety of family programmes throughout the city with various community partners
- Community Services Development – establishing networks in various Winnipeg communities, maintaining existing community partnerships and establishing new partnerships as required
- Public Relations and Marketing – ensuring that programmes are adequately promoted, representing Mosaic at various events, participating on MANSO and other outside committees as required
- Committee/Team Support – as a member of the management team, the Assistant Director of Family Programs is required to be a part of joint decision making on a broad range of agency topics
- Systems Maintenance – keeping accurate records
- Master’s degree in related field or a combination of education and work experience in early years, social work, or family studies
- Positive Discipline in Everyday Parenting facilitator -preferred
- Financial management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of community resources and programs particularly family and parent resources
- Proven ability in fundraising, grant writing and reporting
- Strong planning, research, organizational, leadership, problem solving and communication skills
- Facilitation experience – specifically with PDEP, Nobody’s Perfect, and other family literacy programmes
- Front line experience running parent and child groups like Wiggle Giggle and Munch, Parent-Child Mother Goose, etc.
- Strong understanding of Settlement and Adaptation issues, needs of the multicultural community, resources, and programs
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work co-operatively in a non-profit and volunteer based organization
- Ability to work flexible hours
lV. Remuneration and Benefits
- This is a permanent management position and subject to Mosaic’s personnel policies and salary scale
- Location: Main office 397 Carlton Street
- Schedule: 22.5 hours per week (3 days) flexible to start, leading to full time
- Term: start date negotiable
- Salary: $32.35 per hour, plus a comprehensive benefits package after 6 months
How to Apply
The Assistant Director of Family Programs is a new and unique position at Mosaic. The Assistant Director will work closely and collaboratively with an established team and with our Director of Family Programs. The personal fit is going to be the most important qualification. In order to make this process as successful as possible, Mosaic is hosting a Family Programs information session and open house for any prospective candidates to come and meet the team, learn more about the roles and responsibilities, and ask questions about the position before applying.
The information event will take place on Thursday, May 23 from 5:30 to 7:00 at 397 Carlton Street. There will be a short presentation by the Family Programs team, an outline of the position and open question time.
Following the information event, applications will be accepted until June 10, a formal interview will take place after June 10. Start date for this position will be open for negotiation with the selected candidate.
Thank you for your interest in Mosaic and please visit our website for more detailed information about all of our programs and services.
Mosaic is an equal opportunity employer and strives for a fair, co-operative, respectful and safe environment that protects and promotes the human rights and affirms the dignity of all persons. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply and self-identify in their application.
Val Cavers, Executive Director
Mosaic – Newcomer Family Resource Network
397 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2K9
We appreciate all applications; however, only short listed candidates will be contacted.