Mosaic is hiring an English as a Second Language Teacher at Knox(Term position). Please see the details (pdf) and email résumé and cover letter.
*Open until filled. Review begins: July 22, 2019
English as a Second Language Teacher at Knox
(CLB 3,4 class, pm)
Job Posting (Term Position)
Mosaic – Newcomer Family Resource Network is a not for profit agency assisting in the settlement of newcomers to Winnipeg by providing community-based English as an Additional Language programmes that include child care for pre-school aged children
The ESL teacher is responsible for planning and implementing English as a second language classes for adult learners in the LINC – Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada program.
Role and Responsibilities
- Plan and teach settlement focussed lessons each week to a group of adult learners
- Plan course content based on results of student needs assessment
- Implement portfolio based language assessment (PBLA) for each learner
- Assess student progress and prepare reports based on Canadian Language Benchmarks
- Work co-operatively with the on-site child care staff to provide support to parents and their children when necessary
- Teaching English as a Second Language Certificate from a TESL Canada certified institution
- Undergraduate degree
- CLB Boot Camp Certificate (course available online http://learning.language.ca/login/index.php)
- Experience teaching Canadian Language Benchmark Stage 1 students
- Knowledge of the Canadian Language Benchmarks and PBLA
- Experience working with adult immigrant learners
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the settlement process for newcomers
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Location: Mosaic – Knox Church 406 Edmonton Street
- Schedule: Monday – Thursday 1:00- 3:15 pm + meeting time
- Job Type: Term, September 3rd 2019 – June 19th 2020 with unpaid school breaks (follows school year)
- Class Levels: CLB 3,4
Salary: $43.12 per hour (10 hours per week)
How to Apply
The position will remain open until it is filled. However, review begins on July 22, 2019.
Please email or mail your résumé and cover letter to:
Mosaic – Newcomer Family Resource Network
397 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2K9
We appreciate all applications; however, only short listed candidates will be contacted.