Mosaic is hiring an English as a Second Language Teacher at Carlton (two classes). Please see the details (pdf) and email résumé and cover letter.
English as a Second Language Teacher at Carlton (two classes)
Job Posting – Dateline open until the position is filled
Mosaic – Newcomer Family Resource Network is a not for profit agency assisting in the settlement of newcomers to Winnipeg by providing community-based English as an Additional Language programmes that include child care for pre-school aged children
The ESL teacher is responsible for planning and implementing English as a second language classes for adult learners in the LINC – Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada program.
Role and Responsibilities.
- Plan and teach settlement focused lessons each week to a group of adult learners
- Plan course content based on results of student needs assessment
- Implement Portfolio Based Language Assessment (PBLA) for each learner
- Assess students’ progress and prepare reports based on Canadian Language Benchmarks
- Work co-operatively with the on-site child care staff to provide support to parents and their children when necessary
- Teaching English as a Second Language Certificate from a TESL Canada certified institution
- Undergraduate degree
- CLB Boot Camp Certificate (course available online http://learning.language.ca/login/index.php)
- Experience teaching Canadian Language Benchmark Foundation students
- Knowledge of the Canadian Language Benchmarks and PBLA
- Experience working with adult immigrant learners
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the settlement process for newcomers
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Location: Mosaic – 397 Carlton Street
- Schedule: Monday/Thursday/Thursday/Friday 9:00 – 11:15 am and 1:00- 3:15 pm + meeting time (once a week during lunch hour)
- Class Level: Literacy (CLB 1L)
- Job Type: Term, February 19th, 2019 – December 20th, 2019 with unpaid school breaks (follows school year) or regular employee’s return-to-work
- Salary: $43.12 per hour (20 hours per week)
How to Apply
Please email or mail your résumé and cover letter (Deadline open, until the position is filled) to:
Mosaic – Newcomer Family Resource Network
397 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2K9
We appreciate all applications; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.