Mosaic is hiring a Newcomer Summer Camp Activity Leader. Please see the details (pdf) and email résumé and cover letter.
Newcomer Summer Camp Activity Leader
( Term Position )
The Newcomer Summer Camp Activity Leader will be part of a team that is responsible for the planning, organization and implementation of a daily summer activity program for children ages 6 to 11 under the supervision of the Summer Camp Program Coordinator.
- Organizing and leading daily activities with children
- Completing and submitting weekly program planning forms in consultation with the supervisor
- Connecting regularly with on-site person for the program
- Collecting and submitting attendance
- Maintaining and regularly checking inventory of the program supplies and purchasing items as needed
- Coordinating program details like snack, room set up and clean up, incident reports
- Have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
- Ability to communicate in English (Minimum CLB 8)
- Language other than English an asset
- Knowledge of family literacy, child development and Positive Discipline
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Demonstrated interest, involvement and knowledge of community resources and programs.
- Strong planning and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a non-profit and volunteer based organization.
- Professional and responsible with sensitive and confidential issues
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Between the ages of 18 and 30 years at the start of the employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or a person to whom refugee protection has been conferred
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
- First Aid certificate (an asset)
- Start date: June 24, 2019
- End date: August 16,2019
- Hours per week: 30
- Schedule: Monday to Friday 9:00 – 4:00
- Rate of Pay: $11.35 per hour
- Location: Knox Church 406 Edmonton St. R3B 2K9
How to Apply
Please email or send your résumé and cover letter by Friday, May 24th, 2019 to:
406 Edmonton Street
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2M2
We appreciate all applications; however, only short listed candidates will be contacted.